|This neighborhood values...
- the creative, innovative and industrious historic character of the district.
- a vibrant neighborhood that promotes the social and economic wellbeing of its residents and other
- in-fill and new development for:
- additional housing units
- additional retail space
- additional professional office space
- labor-intensive light industry
- access and connectivity in and around the district.
- transit-oriented development
- walkability and pedestrian-orientation
- roadway alignment and traffic flow
- streetscape design
- non-motorized transportation including bicycle and wheelchair
Goals for the neighborhood include...
- public space, green space and landscaping especially in a neighborhood center or village square.
- mixed-use, mixed-income buildings and blocks
- environmental sustainability (LEED-ND Standards)
- Create a vibrant, mixed-use, neighborhood commercial district that promotes the social and economic
wellbeing of its residents and other stakeholders.
- Increase the number of housing units in the district by 30.
- Increase the amount of retail space by 150,000 square feet.
- Increase the number of light industrial jobs by 30.
- Identify parking space that enhances the neighborhood and meets the needs of businesses and residents.